The Society was established in 1971 as the Mid-Valley Genealogical Society.
The name was changed to the Benton County Genealogical Society in 1996.
Purposes of the Society:
- To assist each other in genealogical research through association, inspiration, and mutual exchange and interaction.
- To encourage and provide for genealogical education.
- To cooperate with the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library and the Benton Country Historical Society in matters pertaining to genealogical research.
- To advocate for accurate research and careful documentation.
- To encourage the study of family history through mutual support and the exchange of information.
- To accumulate resource materials for the Society library.
- To assist in the preservation and publication of local history.
From here you can go to the following pages:
- Old web page (formally rootsweb.com site).
- Visit us on Facebook
- The BCGS Office computers have internet access.
- The BCGS Office now has WIFI-check with librarian for the password.
- The Library is open to the public 1-3:30pm, Tue and Sat.
College United Methodist Church social hall
Benton County Museum Annex
1100 Block of Main St.
Philomath, OR 97370
Contact us at:
Benton County Genealogical Society
P. O. Box 1646
Philomath, OR 97370
George Davidson, President
EMail George Cell 928-205-2121
Ron DeYoung, Past President
EMail Ron DeYoung
Kathryn Moss, Vice President:
EMail Kathryn Moss
Linda Olsen, Secretary
EMail Linda Olsen
Lois Courtney, Treasurer
EMail Lois Courtney
EMail Connie Patterson
Sue Van Laere
EMail Sue Van Laere
Oregon and Washington Postal Facilities, Names, Addresses and Phone Numbers: Oregon Washington Postal Info (Microsoft Excel File)
Oregon and Washington Postal Facilities, Names, Addresses and Phone Numbers: Oregon Washington Postal Info (PDF File)
Before subscribing to a online newspaper website you should always look at the list of newspapers included in the subscription. Does the site have newspapers for the locations you are researching during the time period you are researching? If it doesn’t, don’t waste your money. To see what is included in the collection, and this goes for free sites as well, look for links or headings that say List of Newspapers, Titles, or Collection. (Dawn Carlile)
Using Digital Newspapers for Genealogical Research Courtesy of Dawn Carlile:
Do you need to convert currency? Click Here